In my quest for a good pair of earphones, you will have already noticed that I experienced with many of them here and here. During this journey I chanced across a suggestion from a friend on the Focal brand and the fact they were selling their earphones at a discount on Amazon.
Since the offer was too good to resist, I purchased these online.
Here is a little unboxing I created for you to understand what the packaging of the earphone looks like.
The Focal Spark has these pros going for it
- Very easy to wear for long hours
- short cable means lesser tangling unlike the Samsung UFlex
- Good sound quality – bit of muddy bass, but largely good distributions of highs mids and lows
- Very good battery standby time – you charge it once and when you don’t use it the earphones does not lose battery power too soon – this is in stark contrast to the Uflex earphones from samsung which used to annoy me during the middle of that long walk
- Charging is quick and gives full charge that does not let you down anywhere
- You can pair two different phones to this earphone over bluetooth at same time (which could be a boon or a bane)
The Focal Spark like any other earphones has few cons that I noticed during my usage which I will like to point out here
- The wire is a tad bit too short, it needs to be about 20% longer to fit better
- The earphone is best suited for music but not necessarily phone calls, I did have a feedback that the phone calls were not pretty clear. You can check that here.
- The earbuds are a bit tight so wearing them for longer hours means it will feel like your ears are blocked. This is exactly where the Airpods do better. They are there and not there at the same time.
- The bass was not exactly clear and was a bit muddy. Focal has still some way to go to beat Bullets V2 by OnePlus.
- The asking price of 7000/- is not exactly less, but right now you can bag a pair for close to 3000/- which makes it either a steal or well, unpopular as the case maybe!
- It comes with micro usb charging which is not so 2018, but this was not such a downer for me, would have still preferred usb-C which is quite the standard these days.
In conclusion, these are an excellent pair of wireless earbuds for music purposes if not exactly phone calls. The buds have excellent battery life, and are good to hear and use. They are comfortable over long hours of wear and you just need to find an eartip of the size that suits you better. Having said that, for the current price on offer, this is a steal, and you should go for it !