After being accustomed to Eureka Forbes for most part of my life with the demo man coming to my home and later managing to convince me to buy one of their vacuum cleaners each single time, I slowly moved on to the likes of Karcher. All of these vacuum cleaners however were wired and had to be lugged around the house along with the wire. This was irritating at some point and I wanted something which would cut free the cord. Here is where the Dyson family of vacuum cleaners used to appeal to me since a long time. Finally I decided to take the plunge in 2020 and went in for the DysonV 11 absolute pro.
What it claims to be
Dyson V 11 absolute pro is a cordless vacuum cleaner obviously with rechargeable battery about the size of a laptop battery and can be easily used around the house to clean the house. So what is special as compare to the other vacuum cleaners you may ask? Well from the looks of it there’s nothing really different from other vacuum cleaners but when you begin to use this machine you see the finance with which it is built. The looks, the attachments, the ease of attaching and removing something, the way it glides over the floor, the way in which you can keep it clean, the way charges, and so many other things in between – these are what makes it really different from other vacuums.
After the purchase of the vacuum cleaner the goods were delivered to me by courier within a couple of days. Post that an appointment was set for demonstrating the vacuum cleaner and me being the usual guy decided not to go for it since I knew how to use vacuum cleaners. Nevertheless after sometime I thought I should still let the appointment go through and called the guy for a demo.
Detailing the parts
The vacuum comes with the following parts
- Main unit which also has charging port
- charging cable
- Wall mount apparatus
- One long tubular attachment
- One floor cleaning part
- One crevice cleaning part (for in between mattresses, sofas)
- One mattress, sofa cleaning part
- One carpet, mat cleaning part
- One electronic screen cleaning brush
- One cobweb and wall corner cleaning brush which can also be used for windows
- One bent attachment to reach above air conditioners, fans
- One spring attachment to pull, extend and clean inaccessible areas
Detailing the modes of operation
There are basically three modes of operation, Turbo, Medium/Auto and Eco
- Eco stretches the battery upto an hour
- Medium / Auto takes the battery until 40 minutes
- Turbo is usually around 15 minutes
All these vary the suction power and produce different results.
Cleaning the parts
The user manual has a lot of information about how to attach the parts how to clean them and so on. These are pictorially depicted and easy to understand. The user manual has a lot of information on how to interpret alerts from the machine, understand if there is a blockage in the machine, and how to look for blockages within the vacuum cleaner in such rare instances. The level of instructions are not confusing and are very pictorial easily get the point. Two of these parts can be cleaned with water. The main unit has a filter which can be cleaned washed and dried in sunlight and put back again.
Summary of the gadget
There are very few things that are professionally designed in the world while at the same time addresses real life issues while we humans use these gadgets.
Here are a few things that tilted my favour towards the Dyson v11
- Professional look of the device
- Heard a lot about the professionalism of the company and the level of investment they do into their design (such as bladeless fan etc)
- Cordless vacuum means no more wires worry or tangling or hurtling vacuums across the house
- Easy way to dispose dust straight into the dustbin – no dust bag etc
- Suction power is uniform until the last drop of battery
- Charging is done overnight and its ready to go again in the morning
- Professional installation support and easy to read manual
- Wall mount option
- Attachments that are sensible to use and easy to attach/detach at any height
- Entire vacuum can be held in one hand like a huge gun
- Slickness in the tech
- Easy cleaning options
Here are a few things why people may not buy a Dyson
- Karcher and Eureka are still at affordable range of about 5-15k INR. For everyday vacuuming at cheaper price these are still great options
- At nearly 50000 INR this is one of the costliest vacuums in India and is not affordable to someone who likes it but is restrained by the cost factor
- The main unit is heavier than I expected and hence you need to keep it at an angle while cleaning the floor else your wrists are gonna hurt after a while.
- For floor cleaning I would still prefer something like the Roomba simply because its automation level vs the price point of 2/3rds of Dyson means it would do its job without me having to intervene.
- At the end of the day no vacuum can ensure your entire house is clean always. Its a mix of vacuuming mopping and sometimes even deep cleaning windows and doors that ensures maximum results.
In summary I purchased this gadget at a zero cost emi of 2500 INR a month for two years. I know that this gadget is there to remain with me for a couple of years and this offer was great for me. I know I have invested in a company that puts thought into design for addressing real world issues and does that in style with their products. I am a happy customer of Dyson and feel that their products and their professional approach will give a lot more choice to the customer in future.